Monday, November 4, 2013

Stuffed Cucumber Cups

My two year old loves snacking on cucumber slices,and when I found this recipe in the Family Fun Magazine,I had to try it.This would make a fun eye-catching side or a healthy after school snack.


Ingredients :
  • 1 English Cucumber ( about 12 inches long,ends trimmed)
  • 1/2 Cup Hummus
  • Finely chopped red bell pepper or tomato for garnish
Method :
  1. Using a fork,score the sides of the cucumbers to create the decorative stripes (for my two year old,I peeled skin from the cucumber).
  2. Slice the cucumber into 1/2 or 3/4 inch thick rounds.
  3. Using a teaspoon or melon baller,scoop the centre of each slice.
  4. Spoon 1/4 to 1/2 tablespoon of hummus into each cucumber cup.
  5. Garnish each cucumber cup with chopped red bell pepper or tomato.

No comments:

Post a Comment